134/376 - More of Glacier Bay II

Johns Hopkins Glacier
“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.”~Dr. Seuss
__________
Another post with glaciers and mountains. This really was the highlight of our trip. It was more gorgeous than I ever expected. Moreover, I found out that there are an average of 50 sunny days per year in this area and we happened to hit upon one of them! How cool is that?

The picture above is of the Johns Hopkins glacier. After we had been there for a little while the park ranger pointed out that our view was deceptive. Once we understood that we were 5 miles away from the glacier it made it all the more impressive.

Mt. Cooper

This was the view just to the left of Johns Hopkins. I'm pretty sure it's Mt. Cooper.

Glacier Bay Afternoon II

Finally, this is one of the sights as were were heading out of the bay. Again, it was absolutely awe inspiring. I will return at some point in my future.

I am only including a couple of pictures here on the blog. If you want to see a few more check out my flickr stream. Flickr has changed things a bit so supposedly if you click on an individual picture you will get a larger view of it. Then if you click it again you can see it "on black" which is my favorite way of seeing pictures. Give it a try! My next post will be a few shots I got in Sitka, Alaska.

1 comment:

mom said...

I can see why you will return, this is truly awesome!! John Hopkins is gorgeous. In this last picture, is that an ice flow in the foreground?