122/376 - Seattle Skyline

Seattle Skyline
And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.     ~Kahlil Gibran
__________
This is the view we had as we left Seattle. I was really impressed with their skyline. San Antonio is nothing compared to this.

For the next 36 hours we headed north towards Juneau. Late that night (Friday) we ran into some rough seas. I mean really rough. By Saturday afternoon a large percentage of the passengers were in their rooms, sick. I never did get sick and Diane didn't get queasy until quite late in the afternoon. At 7pm I called room service to get her a bowl of soup and crackers and to get me a club sandwich. At 9pm I called and they were like, "We're sorry. We'll get it out to you right away." At 10pm I called and got the same response so I went up to the Front Office. They too were apologetic but unhelpful. At 11pm we went up to the buffet and got a dinner. My room service order never came. We meet a couple later in the cruise that said they came down to the dining room that night and it was nearly empty.

That was the only negative of the entire cruise. We later heard from cruise staffers that this boat had never seen waves like that before. Needless to say I didn't take many pictures during this time. If I had they would have all been blurry from the rocking!

6/26 Update: Following suggestions from people on flickr.com I have adjusted this picture. I hope you like this version as much as I do.


Seattle Skyline 2

1 comment:

Carrie said...

More better - and I love the boat in the foreground. Perfect!