87/376 - Buttercup

Buttercup
“For man, as for flower and beast and bird, the supreme triumph is to be most vividly, most perfectly alive.”
           ~D.H. Lawrence
____________________
I found this buttercup right in front of my parking space at school. I'm sure there were some, watching me intently as I took this picture and saying to themselves, "What a strange man!" But sometimes, I just feel compelled to take these pictures. That afternoon, the grounds keepers came by and mowed all the flowers. It made me sad.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yes they did :( The whole field next to Jonathan's school was mowed early this week also. It was a sea of color, and now is just green. I understand your sadness! Very pretty capture, btw!

Carrie said...

I like this pic, but cannot decide on the light - did you do this on purpose, or do you really get there so frakking early that the sun isn't quite up yet? 0.0