65/376 - Books of my youth

Hitchcock Books
Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.
           ~Henry Ward Beecher (1813 - 1887), Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit, 1887
__________

These are several of the first books that I actively chose to read. I was never a fan of the Hardy Boys but the fact that Alfred Hitchcock penned forwards to each book in this series made it exciting to me. I remember that I saved my own money and would go to the book store in Westbury Square to buy them. I'm not sure where #1 went (probably lost in the flood at my moms) and I'm fairly sure there were several more that I had but at least these survived. Once I found science-fiction I pretty much gave up on mystery novels. As far as I was concerned, no one could beat the likes Alfred C. Clarke, Ray Bradbury and my all time favorite: Isaac Asimov. But the Three Investigators were the ones that set me on a lifetime of reading.

1 comment:

mom said...

This brings back a world of great memories ~ wish they'd all survived the flood.