2/376 - Phone Booth



Diane and I meet Carrie and Cori at The Cove for lunch today and then went to Starbuck's for coffee and desert. Since the "Photo a Day" project is still on my mind I snapped this while we waited for the restaurant to open. It just seems strange seeing phone booths. Not that I ever gave it much thought but I was under the impression that all phone booths were gone. What with the cell phone saturation. I know they are needed because poor and homeless people need communication devices also but I always figured that didn't mean much to companies that supply these things.

BTW, Guy Fieri from the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" swears by the fish tacos at The Cove. I wasn't really impressed and Carrie agreed. If we go back I think I'll try a hamburger or lamb burger. I think I'll also bring my laundry and wash my car while I'm there.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

1) I concur about the fish tacos.

2) When the hell did public telephones go up to 50 cents?

3) I like the way the sun shines through the holes in the shape of the phone so it kinda looks double-exposure-y. Yeah.

cb said...

Yeah, I don't know when they went to $0.50. But the picture did turn out like I had planned it or something, huh?

Jess said...

sorry you didn't like the fish tacos... I've never tried them (yech!) Anyhow, I'm glad you want to go again and try something else! :) Count me in next time! p.s. Cool pic!