Meet Desmond!


So, "He, who has not been named" has been officially christened "Desmond." I mentioned somewhere that Diane was thinking of a name from one of the books she's read but, in fact, I was wrong - that seems to be happening more and more lately! The name is just something she came up with. On Tuesday night "Des" was sleeping for awhile and playing for awhile. During one of his wakeful periods he decided to climb all over Diane. At one point he was laying down on her and was "belly-up." I guess he was airing out his underwear! I got out my camera and after a couple of pictures with the "DMV" flash, switched over to using my good, new flash. This is one of the pictures I got.

Beau and Moogie have spent the past week ignoring the new guy. I'm guessing they think he'll go away. Beau, especially, has been very aloof to everyone around here. We're hoping he'll settle back into his regular routine of camping on Diane's lap, soon.

Apparently our finding this guy was a stroke of good luck for the entire litter. Of the six kittens, we took one, Colin took one and two of my school colleagues each took one. I'm already planning a "family reunion" in a couple of months! The last I heard (Wednesday) there are two more if you are interested.

I've got lots of things to do this weekend but I plan to spend time later today or tomorrow getting some good pictures of the new guy. Hopefully I'll get them posted soon. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

LOL - "DMV flash"! V. descriptive; I knew exactly what you meant.

V. handsome kitteh. Much love!

Carrie said...

LOL - "DMV flash"! V. descriptive; I knew exactly what you meant.

V. handsome kitteh. Much love!