Hanging out during Thanksgiving break

In what may well be the prettiest day of Thanksgiving break, I got up early and headed out to downtown SA for some photography. After the photo walk I took in August, I decided to park near the Alamo and start walking from there. While it's a cliche picture, I've never done one of the Alamo that I was reasonably happy with. Lately, I've seen many done at night with lights that I'll probably try soon. For now, you get this shot.


Speaking of cliche shots, the next place I ambled to was Casa Rio where I worked on my presentation of the multi-colored table umbrellas. With the sun just coming up, I thought this one turned out pretty good. Especially given that the river was very still at the time.


From there I slowly made my way down the river until I got to Main Plaza. Since I haven't worked downtown in several years I was surprised to find that the entire area has been re-worked (including permanently closing streets) along with the upgrade of the cathedral. I must say, it's looking quite nice. As soon as they finish the main courthouse, the entire square will be quite the showcase. Unfortunately when I got home I noticed this article about the city needing to make adjustments to the main plaza area because of ADA issues. In any case, I was particularly pleased with how this shot of San Fernando cathedral turned out.


In an effort not to make too long a post, I'll stop here. However, I did get several people shots while I was walking around. Stay tuned and within the next couple of days I'll get those posted too.

For the first time ever, both of my boys are spending Thanksgiving away from town and without us. It's kinda sad around here but we're getting along so far. Since this means a far smaller group than usual we decided to go out to a restaurant with my mother and aunt. It'll be a lot quieter than normal but nice - and we won't have dishes to clean for the next two days! I hope your Thanksgiving is good for you. Please make sure and take a small amount of time to devote to truly giving thanks. It's been a rough year for a lot of people, possibly even you, but there is always something to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I like the SF Cathedral one a lot - good morning sun!

Jess said...

Had to stop by and visit - like the pics and looking forward to more. Glad you are enjoying your time. Have a Happy Turkey Day and be thankful for no dishes!