So many titles, so little time!


Summer school is over ("School's Out for Summer") and the grand trip is only days away ("On the Road, Again"). Yesterday I got home from work and Diane had received the $997 USD worth of £470 British Pounds we ordered from our friendly banker - yikes! After years of working in banks and retail, this stuff looks fake ("Funny Money"). It's all colorful and feels funky, like fake paper. And don't even get me started on the exchange rate. I knew that it would be steep. The annoying part came when Diane said that since we have an account at the bank they told her they weren't charging us a fee for the exchange, but when I checked several different sites on the internet it appears that we lost about 6.5% on the whole deal. This makes paying the B&B we're staying at with a credit card all the easier because they only charge a 5% fee!

Ah, well...nothing I can do about it but float with the waves. In only 5 days we'll be walking our fat off through London checking out all the sights that are so famous. I'll tell you now, don't expect to read about little out-of-the-way places that no one has ever heard of before. So sir, we're gonna be Tourists (with a capital T) gawking over all the same things that everyone else is! British Museum, Buckingham Palace, The British Library, Hyde Park, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, etc. We do have tickets to see SpamAlot at a theater there...seemed like a much better place to see that particular play than in San Antonio! Otherwise, our general plan is to walk 10 feet, snap another picture, repeat. We'll probably stop to eat a couple of times.

I hate to make this so short but I do have to rest up in anticipation of my vacation! Also, I really ought to start packing. Your next post will probably be on Wednesday as we head out. For now, I'll leave you with my new favorite phrase, "cheerio."

2 comments:

Carrie said...

We got to see Spamalot on Broadway! Is. Effing. Hysterical! You guys are going to have a great trip!

BTW, I've heard you need to use your credit card all the time over there to get a better exchange rate. Don't forget your little pluggie adapter thingy (wanna borrow Boo's?) and don't forget to call your cell phone peeps so you can make international calls! :) Have a great time!!!

Tina said...

I hope you guys have a great trip! Make your next vacation Hawaii. I know a sweet little B&B in Kapolei and it's FREE to Godwin family friends!
Aloha,
Tina