It's Good to be Flexible


Diane and I had made some tentative plans to go out to Triberg (Black Forest - home of cuckoo clocks and good cake) today to do a bit of shopping. Michelle was going to stay home, mainly because some work crews are doing a refurb on the ceiling fans they have installed here (military base housing). We (just Diane and I) also made plans to go to Strasbourg, France for the weekend. I know what you're thinking, "That's really romantic of you Chuck!" - and I would say you're right, plus I hear there is great architecture (read photography possibilities) and Diane is certain there are a couple of places to do a bit of shopping there too!

Sometime late yesterday evening I found that it's a 1 .5 hour drive (maybe more, based on traffic - darned tourists!) to Triberg and it's a 1.5 hour drive to Strasbourg. After a bit of thinking and discussing we decided that driving to the black forest in the am, driving back to Stuttgart in the pm, buying some shoes (on sale, Friday only) on Friday morning and then driving to Strasbourg was going to be too much. So we've postponed the Triberg trip to next week. Also, this way Michelle can go with us and spend more of Carlos' well earned money.

So I suddenly find myself with a bit of time to work on pictures and blog posts - while the ceiling fan guys cut huge holes in the ceiling of two rooms here. Since it's 4am (for most of you) your time as I write this, I will probably have 1 or 2 more posts put up before you get up and read this. Otherwise look for a bit more writing and picture taking later today.

I finally figured out that part of my blog posting problem is that I'm not only trying to write entertaining/useful posts but I'm also trying to add some decent, edited pictures. Both of those endeavors take a considerable amount of time if you don't want to look AND sound like a middle schooler. Add to that mix the fact that I'm trying to cram as much sight-seeing as I can into my days and you get periods of quiet from me. Oh well, I guess it's more your problem than mine 'cause I'm the one controlling things!

I'm working on a couple of posts and pictures now so hopefully you'll have more to read shortly. In the meantime, the picture above is of the Kloster Ettal. The inside of this was a beautiful church/sanctuary.

For now it's "tschus" or "see you later" in German.

No comments: