Sharp!


One of my favorite blogs is Digital Photography School. I can't tell you how much I've learned about photography from reading (and re-reading) this site. Every week they host a different "assignment" and you have to develop an idea, take a picture and post it for consideration. This week I posted a pic for the 2nd time. The subject was "sharp" and I tried several ideas. Next week the subject is "Natural Framing" - I've got a couple of ideas for that.

I'm usually either too intimidated to post something (it has to be new) or I just plain don't have time. This picture doesn't hold a candle (or wine bottle for that matter) to most of the pictures in this competition but I hear that the more I push myself to take and post pictures, the better I will become.

I just wish I could learn everything in 3 weeks!

p.s. I've often wondered why a man (me) who doesn't drink, has a corkscrew in his junk drawer. I've never come up with a reasonable answer. Drop me a line in the comments if you can think of one!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Because you like to entertain? Honestly, some sparkling cider has corks!

But of course the correct answer would be in case Carrie comes to visit, because I am all about wine!

mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom said...

Could it be that it's a gadget and we do like gadgets!! Just don't throw it away cuz you'll definitely need it then!